Round the world specialists, Travel Nation needed a new website to address issues with their Joomla powered site that were having a detrimental affect on their business:
The site architecture was limiting the ability to add new functionality, was not enabling integration with third party tracking scripts and most importantly was not offering an optimal customer user experience
The site was becoming increasingly unstable with a complex content management system (CMS) that often resulted in content managers breaking pages. Page load times were unacceptably slow for this heavily image based site
Image management was increasingly difficult without categorisation facilities as the library grew.
The “Round the World Flights” section was a separate and outdated Flash component that did not work on mobile. The preference was to consolidate this functionality into the main Travel Nation website
With multiple content managers managing content, building the website and CMS in Drupal with its built in validations, simple workflows and customisable roles and permissions was an obvious choice
miggle re-built the RTW component using Google Maps (API3). Integration with a 3rd party app (https://developer.aero/) allowed for multiple stops to be added to the map, showing the exact routes of a tour.
Taxonomy has been improved, a complex categorisation exercise was applied along with the introduction of content tags that enable cross promotion throughout the site
Expanded categorisation to image library providing better search and management of assets.
Integration with third party scripts including the customer review site Trust Pilot
Multilingual integration with tour operator G-Adventure’s API. This integration provides a library of tours and updates pricing with minimal input required from content editors.
- After initial UK site build, ability to add fully-translated websites (now In French and German too)
- Responsive site, that works on all platforms and browsers
- Simple to use Drupal back end which democratises content updating and reduces training overhead for staff
- Inbuilt validation to ensure accurate completion of all content before publishing and linking of similar destination content via taxonomies
- Sophisticated image library management via taxonomies and tags to enable faster and better web editing